Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
Vintage style meets modern comfort and expert craftsmanship in the Collegiate urban hybrid bicycle by Schwinn. Each Collegiate was designed in Madison, WI, with frames hand welded in Detroit, MI, by Detroit Bikes. The Collegiate features a sleek urban frame, hand-crafted from U.S. sourced chromoly steel and imported parts, inspired by the iconic 1965 Collegiate Deluxe. With meticulous attention to detail, Schwinn designers included vintage touches like the seat-stay-to-top-tube junction and drop outs to retain that awesome old-school look. The simple 1×8 drivetrain with twist shifts and derailleur provides quick shifts and lets you take on hills with ease, while caliper brakes deliver crisp, reliable stopping power. The highly polished aluminum rims provide lightweight strength with the same classic look of chrome. And have we mentioned comfort? The Collegiate comes with ergonomic grips, swept back handlebar, and soft density foam saddle for superior comfort at each touchpoint. Plus, in honor of Schwinn’s 125th anniversary, the Collegiate comes with an exclusive booklet detailing the history of Schwinn bikes – complete with vintage images and fascinating details. Like all Schwinn bikes, the Collegiate comes with a limited lifetime warranty for as long as you own the bike. Get more out of your ride with the Collegiate. Enjoy the freedom of riding a Schwinn.
- Rider Height: MD 5’7″-5’10” LG 6’1″-6’4″
- Simple 1×8 drivetrain with twist shifter provides quick shifts so you can adapt to your terrain with ease.
- Front and rear caliper brakes deliver crisp, reliable stopping power.
- Highly polished aluminum rims provide the classic look of chrome, but with more durability and less weight. Fenders add vintage flair while helping to protect you from splashes.
- Ergonomic grips, swept back handlebar, and soft density foam saddle provide superior comfort at each touchpoint.
- Each bicycle was designed in Madison, WI, with frames hand welded in Detroit, MI, by Detroit Bikes.